RSS

Final update to project Interceptor

10 Mar

Laying down the vinyl letters for the window.

Reassembled top exhaust:

Painting and coating sequence queues:

With this everything comes to a close, apart from the soldering work which I will do tomorrow, it’ll be packed with styrofoam and sent in a Scroll Saw box that I found laying in the workshop to my friend’s house over in the weekend.

This is my first case build, and plenty of lessons learnt.

1) Krylon’s camoflage series is pretty amazing.

2) Krylon’s matte clearcoat is a pain in the butt to use. Not only is the overspray very heavy, the plunger requires a lot of force to press, I nearly ended up with blisters on my trigger finger.

3) When using thin aluminium sheet ( I used 1.5mm), don’t forget to reinforce the plates, or else flex is a severe problem.

4) Nippon’s paint may be slightly unacceptable, but the clearcoat is superb.

5) MOST IMPORTANTLY, ALWAYS WATCH YOUR BUDGET. (I overshot by I think 7 or 8 times. Frankly speaking I lost count.)

 

Nitrixflare

Advertisements
 
Leave a comment

Posted by on March 10, 2011 in Uncategorized

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: