Laying down the vinyl letters for the window.
Reassembled top exhaust:
Painting and coating sequence queues:
With this everything comes to a close, apart from the soldering work which I will do tomorrow, it’ll be packed with styrofoam and sent in a Scroll Saw box that I found laying in the workshop to my friend’s house over in the weekend.
This is my first case build, and plenty of lessons learnt.
1) Krylon’s camoflage series is pretty amazing.
2) Krylon’s matte clearcoat is a pain in the butt to use. Not only is the overspray very heavy, the plunger requires a lot of force to press, I nearly ended up with blisters on my trigger finger.
3) When using thin aluminium sheet ( I used 1.5mm), don’t forget to reinforce the plates, or else flex is a severe problem.
4) Nippon’s paint may be slightly unacceptable, but the clearcoat is superb.
5) MOST IMPORTANTLY, ALWAYS WATCH YOUR BUDGET. (I overshot by I think 7 or 8 times. Frankly speaking I lost count.)